Singapore has a very cruel history. It has beena jungle which was raided by many powers. But the people of the country were strong enough to make their future better and today, it is a very beautiful country. Its history has nothing to do with its present and future. The country is growing at a very high rate and the future looks very bright. It has now become a tourist hub since last 3 decades. You cannot see any jungles there but the grenery is still present. A visit to Singapore is pleasant and people from different countries come to Singapore to enjoy their holidays or vacations.
Singapore has a pleasant climate and the people there are loving and warmly welcomes all the tourists. The speak english and thus, no tourist has problem to communicate with the local people of Singapore. The country is calm and serene and your mind will be refreshed on a visit to Singapore. The beautiful places fascinate many tourists. Some of these places have natural beauty while others have man-made beauty. But both mesmerizes the tourists. One of these places is the Discovery centre.
Singapore discovery centre:
It is also known as S’pore discovery Centre.It is the top listed for tourists attraction which is located at Jurong West in Singapore. It insights on the future of Singapore and also displays the hundreds years of old history of the city Singapore. The idea of building museum which shows the history of full Singapore was made in 1988. Then this idea was evolved into the idea of Singapore discovery centre SDC. SAF is the education and knowledgeable tool for SDC , it provides help for many challenges for future and especially represent the platform for history.On 23 November 1996 , it was opened by President Ong Teng Cheong.
● Storytelling interactive was made in the first phase. That shows the full history of Singapore city, ruled under many flags like Malaysia, Britain and Japan. The journey of Milestone was expressed in theatrical settings. Here we can discover many interesting facts about the Singapore.
● The tactics roles and planning in everyday life are showed in mini-theaters. These galleries shows many Singapore Armed Forces. Gateway, Crisis, portais and 'so Singapore Theatre' are indoor exhibit .
● Display of aircraft and playground are included in Outdoor exhibit.
● From 3 gateway history place , you can start the amazing journey of exploring the history of Singapore. This 3 gateway history media are included with Earth, fire and wind.
● Discover many of the global cities of Singapore.
Prestigious Minister for defence award
(MiDAs) was given to Singapore discovery centre in 2013. It also achieved the award of Work life achiever award in 2012. It is around 15 minute away from MRT JOO KOON station. It is interactive gallery and museum. It is the centre of art. There are many packages available , for adult it's 10 SGD and for children it's 6 SGD. Some of the packages are:
● Exploring the Singapore military institute by bus tour
● 3D short movie
● Singlish test
● Report the TV studio of the city Singapore
● Interaction with singbot robot.
Outside the exhibition hall, there are many things you can do. There is a very big screen provided by iWERKS which show both 2D and 3D latest releases. For a calm atmosphere for a family, there is a large lake where you van enjoy the pedalos. The discovery centre remains closed on Mondays.
So, the discovery centre comes in the list of places that make the visit to Singapore amazing. This is a place that must be on your list especially if you are visiting with your family. A visit to discovery centre will take some hours from your package you have chosen for your trip. Keep in mind to include its visit to your tour package.